Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Writer's Desk

Even though, at the moment, I don't really have a desk, this is what is what my "substitute desk" has all over it. This is what you get for writing:
~Books(mostly stuff like Mary Chestnut's Civil War, The Killer Angels, and Alex Rider--with the occasional Max Ride, of course)
~A whole freaking TON of notebooks (composition, spiral, bound, loose..you name it, I've hoarded it and then scribbled excessively in it)
~Writing utensils (pens, pencils, colored pencils, highlighters, sharpies, blah-de-blah)
~THE notes (I have a whole IKEA box full of loose notes...and those are just the one's I've found)
~sketches (I've got a ton of stupid architectural stuff for Psychic--stuff like floorplans to Bran Castle--and some sketches of Vannessa Toplin, a new character in one of my new vampire books that I'm writing--uncreatively called, for now, Coven 13.)

I'm not sure if it's as bad as J.K. Rowling's...But it's not pretty.

I also tend to carry around a bag with all of my writers crap (and Jasper Whitlock, my green nano rocks-my-socks iPod), with at least two notebooks at all times. I found this great video online (thanks Kaleb-who-I-don't-know-but-is-really-cool!) that puts a writers bag perfectly. Since my computer is being dumb and won't let me upload it, you can go to Kaleb Nation and then to 'videos' and 'what's in a writer's bag?' to see. it.

Also, School's Out--For Now is going well, and Dawn of the Personality-Challnged should be done soon, as will Spring With the Cullens. Next month or June, I'll be writing Summer With the Cullens, which will, undoubtedly, be better. I'll be writing another Kat/Max Ride story as well (tentatively called Saving the Flock and Other Extreme Sports) and I will make as many Kat's as JP makes MR's. So. There.

A A K

1 comment:

Emily said...

I thought you had a desk... Did you take it back or is it waiting for you downstairs?