You know, I was musing a second ago about the things I like best about writing (both in general and on FF.net)
1. Caffeine: Did you know that NaNoWriMo has an "Abusing Caffeinated Beverages" Merit Badge? Even if hot chocolate doesn't really count as a caffeinated beverage, I think I still get the award. After all, when I'm writing I drink about 4 mugs a day. Well, I guess I'm safe from heart disease,
2. Pandora: I would die without Pandora Radio. Non-stop good music is one of the things that keeps the cogs turning and the plot bunnies semi-sedated. Music is good, folks.
3. Avatars: I don't know about you, but I LOVE avatars (and not the weird Japanese cartoon kid, either. The fun little 2x2 pics on the 'net). If I didn't have an FF profile, a NaNo/SF profile, etc, I couldn't have profile pics like this:
Or maybe...(evil laugh):
See what I mean? Life would so pointless without these guys!
Right, um...moving on.
4. HIGH-SPEED INTERNET. Let me make this clear: writing would be hell without high-speed. Seriously. No, we don't just use Word (CLIPPY MUST DIE!!!), we use the internet. A lot. I mean, what if you need to look up what 32 degrees F would be in Celsius? Or how many inches of snow there are in the lower portions of the Brasov region of the Carpathians? Or long long it takes to fly from Brasov to Thessaloniki, Greece? (And yes, I had to look all of these up in November).
5. REVIEWS: for those of you who don't write fanfic, you're missing out big time. Reviews are awesome!!! I mean, everybody writes you and tells you how funny your writing is (or fluffy, or dramatic, or angsty, or full of whump). What could possibly be better?!
There you have it. My Top 5 Favorites of Writing.
So I have spoken, so I shall be (Because I Said So).